[lug] (no subject)

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Fri May 10 12:56:25 MDT 2002

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Brett Monson wrote:

> Thanks. It turns out that the eth1 card can get out, but the eth0 card
> cannot. That works for me because I am using this computer for a firewall
> anyway.

OK, but this is still puzzles me.  I was working with Brett on this
yesterday and the eth0 card was able to connect to any computer on the ITS
internal network, but wasn't able to connect to anything outside.

That the eth1 network card is now able to connect both interally as well
as externally while the eth0 card can only connect internally is a new
twist.  We had both cards installed yesterday, but the network was only
configured for eth0 - running ifconfig only showed lo and eth0 as being
up.  Evidently he configured both cards today.  This behaviour seems odd
to me and I'd kind of like to understand what is going on.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)