[lug] Re: [CLUE-Talk] Seeking recommendations for computer builder

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed May 15 02:01:22 MDT 2002

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:54:35AM -0600, BOF wrote:
>I'm in the market for a new desktop system, and am seeking
>recommendations for someone who can build a good quality one to run
>Linux (only).

Based on most of my experience with "clone builders", I'd have to say that
if you really mean "good quality", that you should look at IBM, Dell, one
of those sorts...  They really put together some pretty sweet hardware, if
things like adequate case aerodynamics and quality of chassis setup is
important.  Plus their other parts tend to be good quality as well.

Sean
--
 The Law of Software Development and Envelopment at MIT: Every program
 in development at MIT expands until it can read mail.