[lug] g++ signals and exceptions question

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Wed May 15 16:53:40 MDT 2002

>>>>> "Tkil" == tkil  <tkil at scrye.com> writes:

Tkil> My opinion is somewhere in between, but more on the side of very
Tkil> few exceptions.  It seems that exceptions are best reserved for
Tkil> things that truly *are* exceptional.  If it's something that you
Tkil> expect to happen most of the time in the normal process of your
Tkil> program, than I should check for it explicitly.

Please let me take that paragraph out, and shoot it.  Here's a
coherent version:

| My opinion is somewhere in between, but more on the side of very few
| exceptions.  It seems to me that exceptions are best reserved for
| things that really *are* exceptional.  If it's something that will
| probably occur in the normal process of my program, than I should
| check for it explicitly.

Now to read the rest of the thread, to see how violently I'm getting
torn up on this.  :)

t.