[lug] my little Zaurus

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Sun May 19 14:33:37 MDT 2002

On Monday 20 May 2002 02:14 pm, you wrote:
> There hasn't been much talk of the Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 on the list lately.
>  Is there much excitement from listers about this product?
>
> I bought mine about a week ago from Best Buy, and I love it.  I recently
> got a D-Link CF wireless network card for it.  I had some trouble getting
> it working, but it was only my wireless network settings that held me back.
>  With the CF Linksys card, you have to update the ROM to get it to work.
>
> Its a great little device and I still have a lot of playing to do.
>
> ~~Brad Grissom
> Colorado School of Mines

Well, I have had the developers version for about 6 months now, and since I
was a finalist on the Trolltech Contest, I have two of them, so I hacked a
microphone into one of them. ;)

Speaking of which, Trolltech is supposed to announce the final winners today
or tomorrow.

I have gotten involved in the Opie Project and the openzaurus rom. And will
likely be doing either some contract development for Lineo, or Sharp.

There's always plenty of chatter of the irc
irc.openprojects.net server #zaurus, and #opie

ljp
--
Open Integrated Palmtop Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org