[lug] OT: Is this credible? FW: Notice of impending black hole listing of 134.6.76.0/27

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Wed May 22 09:10:47 MDT 2002

Has anyone seen this before?  We regularly monitor our systems and have put
an incredible effort into ensuring that they are secure and un-abused.
Additionally, Maxtor utilizes other servers to do their spamming through
(I'm not happy about the fact that they spam, but what can you do?)  The
below message sounds technically credible, but I have trouble believing that
any credible blacklist service would require us to send an email back to
them just to get more information.  That seems awfully fishy and smells like
their searching for addresses.  Has anyone seen this before?  I've thrown
some searches at Google and don't turn any direct hits up for this.  The
message appears to have come from the gacracker.org domain legitimately and
I can't find any signs of spoofing.

Jim