[lug] Zip drive on recent KRUD/Redhat?

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Thu May 23 10:25:19 MDT 2002

Is anyone using a zip or zip plus drive (connected to the parallel port) of a
machine running a recent KRUD or RedHat distribution?

If so, could you post the changes you made to get things working? It's been a
while (and a major kernel version change) since I used a zip drive on a UNIX
box, and I don't have access to the machine that things used to work on any
more.

Failing that, does any one know the name of the module supplying
scsi_register and scsi_unregister?

The frustrating thing is that when the floppy drive is attached to my laptop,
the machine recognizes it and loads all the right modules. That doesn't
happen when the zip drive is attached.

Thanks

Elyse