[lug] Synchronous reads on raid-1?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu May 23 23:29:52 MDT 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 03:32:46PM -0600, Harris, James wrote:
>(In case I'm using asynchronous incorrectly, what I'm looking for is the
>ability to split read requests and fulfill them in parallel on different
>disks in a mirror such as most hardware raid controllers do it... i.e. read

Yes, it does that by default.  There is a patch floating around to
*DISABLE* it under certain circumstances (like when the mirror is on
another machine via a nbd device), but I haven't used that.

Sean
--
 I have never been able to conceive how any rational being could propose
 happiness to himself from the exercise of power over others.  -- Jefferson