[lug] United Linux

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Thu May 30 10:28:56 MDT 2002

I agree with you, Ralf.  And, if I am not mistaken, wasn't a "Unified
Linux Distro" the premise of Debian initially?  That was the distro put
together by SGI, O'Reilly and others, right?  While I use RedHat, I also
agree with you about rpms.  gzip'ed tarballs are always preferred.

Still, I've seen a lot of web pages with quotes by random industry VPs
of something-or-another about how wonderful some new alliance, product,
etc. is going to be.  Let's see what the situation is in two years.

Scott

rm at fabula.de wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:13:18AM -0600, Crawford Rainwater wrote:
>
>>This is a combined effort of Caldera, SuSE, Turbo,
>>and Conectiva distributions.
>>
>>>From Slashdot.org, the link is
>>http://www.unitedlinux.com

<snip>