[lug] 1 to 1 data cd copy

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Fri May 31 13:40:34 MDT 2002

* j davis (davis_compz at hotmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>  Today , like a idiot, i formatted the "my docs" partion of my windoz side
> due to win2k install saying former disk C was /dev/hdc1 when its always been
> /dev/scda1...anyway I lost my clonecd archive...really sucks , but that and
> and U.T. (linux ut is kinda so so)are the only thing keeping windoz
> around(thank
> you sun staroffice!)So i can give up u.t., but i need another kick ass
> 1:1 data burning software..and obvisly a good spell check :( . I have
> played with dd, readcd, ....i dont need anything more than 1:1 with one
> scsi cdrw and one ide cd reader.I would like to keep a archive of cdimages
> in a semi-universal format. I have tried a few packages but i have been
> unable to make a win2k bootable cd. Please help me to get the windoz monkey
> off my back now and forever!!! :) :)This will be the first time I will not
> have a FAT* or NTFS partion in my house just good ole EXT2 and 3 babby!
> Linux is makeing leaps and bounds!! and so am I :) I will morn win2k a
> little it was pretty cool, but i am glad because i feel it will be will be
> the last cool windoz os, so I'll already be prepared for a total
> XP style M$(stupid ass 600 digit activation numbers *&##*!@)

You can do this with the command line pretty easily, if that is your
thing.  I'm thinking that is not, though, so take a look at XCDRoast.  It
has the ability to duplicate CDs, if I remember correctly.  There are
several other that can probably do it, too.  (GCombust, KISOCD, come to
mind).

Poke around Freshmeat.

I am not sure about Win2K boot CDs, I have never tried that.  If
cdrecord can't do it, nothing can.  I think all of the GUIs are built
upon that command line utility.  You can read its man page, if you are
up that :-P

Tim