[lug] ide hotswap

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 2 16:20:48 MDT 2002

Hi,
i have a ide hotswap bay. I tried it on a old p1 running rh7.1 the
drive would work fine untill i tried to hot swap it. Would comeout
ok but when i tried to remount i get message in /var/log/messages that
mk kernel seems to have a problem giving the drive a irq or something.
I am reinstalling my main box with7.3. I would like to put a 40 gig ibm
drive in the hotswap bay and use it for a production ftp server. I would
like to hear anyones experience with ide hotswap.

thanks
jd