[lug] Books for prizes

Ken Weinert Ken.Weinert at ihs.com
Tue May 28 05:54:58 MDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 12:50, Chris Riddoch wrote:
> If you have ideas for related topics (besides the obvious,
> anything-to-do-with-Linux) you'd like the books to cover, we can
> hopefully get some books that have a broad appeal.  I'd like to avoid
> the scenario of a bunch of people passing up a particular book when
> it's the last choice in the round of prizes.

Home networking, clusters, firewalling
Java, XML

> And to those of you who have gotten books in the recent months, write
> book reviews! We need reviews! This will greatly help us get more
> books - all of the publishers want us to review the books we get from
> them.

As the person who deals with the publishers to get these books I
heartily 2nd the motion :)  It does help if they can go to the site and
see reviews - it helps show appreciation for the part they do.

Thanks.

Ken Weinert   mc at morat.net
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/
GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 1D87 3720 BB77 4489 A928  79D6 F8EC DD76 9274 F1CE