[lug] XFree86 vs. XF86_SVGA?

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Mon Jun 3 15:53:35 MDT 2002

Thanks for the response, Ed.

This is pretty much what I had decided myself.  Apparently, the default
configuration for the trident chip in one of the boxes still defaults to
use XF86_SVGA despite the fact that Alan Hourihane's trident driver
works pretty well with 4.2.0.  Actually, I've got a driver from Trident
built with XF86 4.0.2 that kind of works ( but which does toggle the TV
Out feature of the chipset ).  The only problem is that Xv support is
basically non-existant so Xine doesn't work.

Scott