[lug] dd i/o error

LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Wed Jun 5 08:16:12 MDT 2002

I would definately try a different CD drive.  While not on Linux, I had a
problem with a CD drive on WIndows.  Some days, some CD's would work, others
would not.  I'd try installing a proggy, the CD would "misread"; hit re-try;
and it would work...  A new CD player fixed the problem.

Viggy

Chip Atkinson wrote:

> I don't remember ever getting an i/o error when reading from a cd.  You
> might wish to try another cd drive or something.

Chip

     This message was sent from Peak to Peak Internet.
 DSL - V.90 modems - Web Hosting and Business connectivity
          Please visit!  http://www.peakpeak.com
                    (888)-600-PEAK