Speaking of Grub: was Re: [lug] Dual boot from two hard drives, LILO

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Wed Jun 5 11:17:52 MDT 2002

Speaking of grub, can someone tell me how to convert the marked lines in
my lilo.conf file to the appropriate ones in grub.conf?

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-itv
         label=linux-test
         initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.18-itv.img
         read-only
         root=/dev/hda2
->      vga=0x301
->      append="console=/dev/tty2 CONSOLE=/dev/tty2"

Is something like the following correct?

title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-3)
         root (hd0,0)
         kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-3 ro root=/dev/hda2 vga=0x301 \
		append="console=/dev/tty2 CONSOLE=/dev/tty2"
         initrd /initrd-2.4.18-3.img

( I've put in the \ to denote a single line. )

Scott