[lug] Seeking recommendations on router for SOHO

bof bof at pcisys.net
Wed Jun 5 11:32:24 MDT 2002

Hello,

I'm thinking about setting up a small home network and have been looking
at routers to use with my Cisco 675 in the bridging mode.

The two in my price range are the

    Linksys BEFSR41
(http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=23&prid=20)

and the

    Netgear RP114
(http://www.netgear.com/product_view.asp?xrp=4&yrp=12&zrp=93)

It looks like the Netgear might be slightly more suitable because it has
some logging features that the Linksys does not.

So I'm seeking opinions/experiences about these. OTOH, for that matter,
if anyone has recommendation of a good router other than these
(preferably less than $100, but I might go as high as $200), I would
like to hear it.

BOF