[lug] (no subject)

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Wed Jun 5 15:30:18 MDT 2002

I am trying to get my ATA 100 controller to work with the 2.4 kernel.
I have been running with the ATA 33 controller with no problems, and my
two hard drives are identified as "hda" and "hdb".  But when I try to
boot with the ATA 100 controller, they seem to be identified as "hde"
and "hdf".  With LILO pointing to hda, the root partition cannot be
mounted and the kernel panics.

Can someone tell me how to get around this?  I'd really like to get my
shiny new hard drive running at something more than snore speed.

Thanks,
Dhruva