[lug] Digital Cameras and Linux

Bryan Field-Elliot bryan_lists at netmeme.org
Fri Jun 7 12:18:37 MDT 2002

Hi,

I've been using Linux full-time for about a year and a half now (now on
RH 7.3 + Ximian Gnome), although I've never done any graphical
applications... Played with Gimp a couple of times, that's it.

I'm in the market for my first digital camera. I know almost nothing
about the space, other than "more megapixels is generally good". No idea
yet about which memory type to use (Sony Stick or other?), etc. And most
subtle of all (and which no store salesperson could possibly help me
with in an intelligent way), I'd like to get a camera that plays well
with Linux, so that I don't have to downgrade to Windows just to pull
photos off the camera.

Is this a no-brainer or is this a difficult choice? I just have no idea.
Input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan