[lug] cheap 802.11b for linux...

Frank Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Sun Jun 9 19:22:42 MDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Starkey" <jstarkey at advancecreations.com>
To: <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2002 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [lug] cheap 802.11b for linux...

> On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 13:30, Frank Whiteley wrote:
>
> > Don't hold your breath, they are doing NO DSL facility during CY2002.
> > However, you could try this:
> > http://www.msnbc.com/news/761972.asp?0pu=70 or see if you CO is served
by
> > NewEdge.
>
> Nope, NewEdge is out.
>
> Yeah, Qwest business sales told me the switch was scheduled to be
> replaced on Tuesday. I tried to call for a status and no one could tell
> me anything other than "sorry,. but we don't have access to that info".

Hmmm, it could be that DSL is available and they have to work on some
existing facility or a terminal extender which has limited ports, IOW a
repair.  They stopped all NEW facility expansion.

One of my clients is a Qwest tech who commented (month ago) that they can't
get half of what they need for repairs and new installs at the moment.

Frank Whiteley
Greeley