[lug] RedHat LAN comm problem

kenn kenn at pcintelligent.com
Tue Jun 11 13:55:46 MDT 2002

Hi there,

Well it does sound as if the physical hardware is working. Which leaves
us to the routing table. Somewhere there is a problem. You can try this.
'ifdown lo0' and then see what happens.

However - we could get more information by doing 'route -n' and seeing
what is in the routing table. Somehow it does not know how to get out
eth0 or it thinks that the network in question (192.168.1.x in this
case)  is suppossed to go out the local loopback. If taking down the
loopback fails send us the the output of the route command.

Thanks
Ken