[lug] Apache security flaw

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Tue Jun 18 09:35:58 MDT 2002

There was a discussion on Slashdot about this yesterday.

The concensus was that this was a known bug, which was fixed in the CVS
version of Apache. It was also generally agreed that this sort of 'Security
by Press Release' is annoying and probably harmful.

So, the maintainers already knew about and had fixed the bug. But some less
than reputable company decided to get a bit of press publicising it.

Evelyn

                            http://www.tummy.com/