[lug] System dies occasionally - was: (no subject)

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Thu Jun 20 08:58:42 MDT 2002

keith.herold at cox.net wrote:
> Intel, but I don't think this machine has a temperature monitor on the cpu's...
<snip>

The lm_sensors package lets you monitor cpu temperature (with a temerature sensor built
into the cpu on newer systems), motherboard temperature, fan speeds, voltages, ...  I
really like to know what my system hardware does and actually keep temperature logs for
some of my systems.  Imagine - you could have a message sent to your cell phone if a cpu
fan dies or other problems develop.

I am running several dual athlon systems and have never seen a crash to date.  I am using
kernels 2.4.16 and 2.4.18 (on SuSE).

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid