[lug] HPFS/NTFS

Anders Knudsen anders at digeo.com
Mon Jun 24 15:08:46 MDT 2002

You can mount an NTFS file system (sort of), after rebuilding the
kernel, and then as read only. Even then, it's not a very stable setup.
This is because NTFS is not an open standard, and of course M$ is not
going to release its innards. I tried it a while back, and then backed
it out of the kernel, because of the instability.

Do a google search of "linux ntfs howto" and you will find some more
detailed information.

-anders.