[lug] Adaptec RAID controllers

keith.herold at cox.net keith.herold at cox.net
Mon Jun 24 16:43:29 MDT 2002

Has anyone here had experience installing RAID controllers from Adaptec under RH?  I am giving up the previous, crash-prone machine I emailed about a few days ago, and the computer guy wants to build a RAID machine to replace it.  I, however, have no experience with RAID (and only a vague understanding of why it is useful), and would rather not get stuck for days trying to get the thing to work.  The specific controller is the 2110S from Adaptec.  Adaptec claims it is RH compatible (which I assume really means per-kernel), but it isn't on the RH HCL (although the previous 2100 is).  So, anyone used it?  Have any tips for installing with one (in case the distro doesn't detect and isntall it for me)?

--Keith