[lug] Adaptec RAID controllers

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Mon Jun 24 21:56:55 MDT 2002

Adaptec makes the best SCSI RAID controllers on the market right now IMO
-- far better than AMI or Mylex at this point. Adaptec's support for
Linux is outstanding as of late. All of their drivers are open-source
(AFAIK) at this point. My experience was with the Dell PercRAID
controllers. They were great (at least the Adaptec-based ones were).

I doubt you'll have problems. Most of Adaptec's newer RAID controllers
use the same dpt_i2o driver (including their IDE RAID controllers). I'd
be surprised if this one did not, since it's based on a similar
processor. There is a remote chance that you'll need to make a boot
floppy set by dd'ing the appropriate boot & driver disk set to floppy.
I'd be surprised if this were the case though.

Good luck.

-Rob