[lug] replacing login shell

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Tue Jun 25 12:01:34 MDT 2002

It just needs to show the login prompt.  It is an attempt to secure more
of the traffic between an end user and the legacy telnet host.

Right now the host is mostly wide open with straight telnet access.  We
are setting up an ssh port forwarding tunnel to a machine that is "next
to" the legacy host.  This way, only the last leg is unencrypted instead
of the whole path.

I'm just trying to be careful so that even though anyone can log on to
the port forwarding host, all they get is a login prompt to the legacy
application instead of the ability to play around on the linux system.

Hugh