[lug] Software/compiler issues w/dual CPU's

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Tue Jun 25 21:46:23 MDT 2002

An SMP machine will not complicate anything from a programming
standpoint. Should you plan on writing threaded app, and there it may
show coding errors that were not obvious on a single-CPU box. If you
code a single-thread (or non-threaded) app, it will run on an SMP box
just as it would on a single CPU - you can just run more of them at once
because of the added CPU power.