[lug] port in use

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Wed Jun 26 21:12:50 MDT 2002

> On Wednesday 26 June 2002 09:02 am, Hugh Brown wrote:
> > nmap doesn't come standard on RedHat (i.e. a default redhat install
> > doesn't put it on, even though it is available), so I don't think I can
> > count on it being available on solaris, or any of it's proprietary
> > friends.
> >
> > Good idea though.
>
> Doood, GCC is FREE!

I am not in a position to make a whole lot of demands about what will be on
the system (I can't count on nmap being there or that the admin of the box
will be willing to install it)..  I will not have root on the system that the script
will be installed on, and I would like to make the integration work as easy
as possible by using "default" tools wherever possible.

Hugh