[lug] Mozilla and MathML

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Jun 30 01:26:57 MDT 2002

* Paul Walmsley (shag-blug at booyaka.com) wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Timothy C. Klein wrote:
>
> > Doesn't Mozilla support MathML?  I though it did.  However, when I
> > create a web page with MathML, all it shows is the code.  Is there
> > anything special I need to do, or is there a separate version of Mozilla
> > for MathML? Or is it actually not supported?
>
> Works okay for me, modulo some missing fonts that I haven't installed,
> with Mozilla 1.0 build id 2002052918.  I tried some of the demos linked
> from <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/>.

Hmm, I had missed that link.  It sort of renders.  Better than the one I
made, at least.  Annoyingly, the fonts seem to be the problem.  However,
I just spent the better part of this afternoon fighting fonts in LaTex
and dvips.  The Mozilla folks say they can't yet make a font package
available, but to try the Mathematica fonts, or the AMS fonts instead,
for now.  Well guess what -- that's what I just spent several *hours*
getting to work.  They are available, both of them! They work for pdf
and ps, they for for Tex, and they show up on xlsfonts.  So why doen't
Mozilla see it?  Argh!

Oh well, time to just give up in despair.  I'v got real work to do.

Thanks,

Tim