[lug] Confused about what cp -x does

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Jun 30 19:31:38 MDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 01:02:14PM -0600, Peter Hutnick wrote:
>Is it possible that this is NFS related?  I have used the option before and
>gotten the results I expected, but only with local filesystems.

It *SHOULD* work on any mounted file-system, because the file-system ID
changes (see the results from "stat" on the different directories,
particularly the "Device" field).

It seems like it's broken for you, though.  Try using rsync with
"--exclude" to list the directory explicitly.

Sean
--
 "Where are we going?"  "Planet Ten!"  "When?"  "Real soon!"
                 -- _Buckaroo_Banzai_