[lug] Q. on AT&T broadband

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Jul 3 14:45:23 MDT 2002

According to the AT&T web site, my area still does not have AT&T
broadband available, so it won't give pricing or a number of other
details. However, their automated advertisement just dialed up the local
phone and advertised that it just became available (with luck, the web
site is just outdated). I'm interested in whether anyone here
likes/dislikes it?

I have a current provider, I do not want MSN, but I have heard some
providers of higher speed services are requiring MSN. Does anyone here
know the story on that?

Does anyone here with AT&T broadband have static IP and handle your own
email directly (assumes you own a domain name)?

How does the latency of AT&T broadband compare to 56k (not bandwidth,
56k just sucks, but latency is generally good)?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com