[lug] Modem setup question

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Sat Jul 6 20:21:04 MDT 2002

Hi there,

I once set up a PCTel modem, now it was not a USR modem however it was still
a winmodem and well, it wasn't worth the effort. That is just my 2 cents.

On the subject of looking at what the kernel came up with when it booted you
can use the ever nifty 'dmesg'

dmesg | grep tty (just to see if the kernel sees any serial ports)
dmesg | less (see it all and scroll through it)

There is an article about setting that bad boy up... There is the link

http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/5687-03.html

Thanks
Ken