[lug] dsl vs cable

rise rise at knavery.net
Mon Jul 8 11:17:20 MDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Ben Luey wrote:

> Hi -- I'm moving to Boulder in a few weeks and my landlord was talking
> about getting (and splitting) high speed internet access. Any
> recommendations / experiences with DSL vs cable-access? Any ISP's to
> avoid?

Check out Front Range Internet Inc. (http://www.frii.net) - sane policies,
decent prices, good technical people and the option to go non-Qwest for
DSL.  I've been a dialup customer for years but I can't speak to the New
Edge Networks DSL reliability because I'm in the process of getting a line
myself.

Jonathan Conway						      rise at knavery.net
history is paling & my surge protection failed, & so I FRIED
						- Concrete Blonde, "Fried"