[lug] image databases and albums

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Tue Jul 9 17:27:36 MDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 04:40:40PM +0000, Warren Sanders wrote:
> >I don't recall running across anything for linux that edits
> >exif data in a jpeg, other than the libexif library.  Any pointers?
> >
> Just searching a bit and right under my nose it was; or might be anyway.
>  Jhead can edit the exif data.  See
> http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/usage.html the -ce option can edit
> the header comment field.

From http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/usage.html:
 -ce Edit the jpeg hader comment field (note, this comment field is
 outside the exif structure and can be part of exif and non exif style
 Jpeg images).

So this is the same classic jpeg header comment field that wrjpgcom
can modify.  It may turn out to be the most appropiate one, but I'm
still looking for apps that can modify the EXIF UserComment and
ImageDescription tags (and perhaps other EXIF tags).

Thanks,

-Neal