[lug] Apache problems

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Tue Jul 9 21:25:29 MDT 2002

Hi there folks,

I have a weird problem with apache. I have installed several SSL servers
for folks and I just did it a friend of mines server but I have a little
problem... This server had two apaches. A very old standard one that did
not support SSL and a another newer version that did. Well I just compiled
one and figured I would munge the two files toghter and make life easier
right... I know you can run SSL sites and reguluar old port 80 sites on the
same server. I do it on another server that I work on. However the problem
on this is that when I run /usr/local/bin/apachectrl startssl It only
listens on port 443 I don't understand.

This is what I did to build it,

cd apache
 ./configure
cd ../php-4.1.x
 ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26 --enable-track-vars
 make
 make install
cd ../mod_ssl whatever version
 ./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26 --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6
cd ../apache 1.3.26
 ./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a --enable-
module=ssl
 make
 make install

This should have built a server that can run both SSL sites and normal port
80 sites out of the same config. However any of the normal VirtualHosts are
not working. I am sure there is something in the config but I don't know
what I set it listen on port 80 and 443, *Shrug* I hope some apache guru
can help me out...

Thanks
Ken