[OT] Re: [lug] serial terminal ?

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Wed Jul 10 05:05:50 MDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 12:48:34AM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 11:44:33PM +0200, rm at fabula.de wrote:
> >Ah, how profane! Terms are really quiet, no moving parts, just what you
> >need sitting on a balcony in a mellow summer night ;-)
>
> I think above you need to replace "Terms" with "Laptops".  Don't forget the
> wireless net cards.

Hmm, not really. My "Laptop" (Asus) tends to get rather warm after a while
and even so it doesn't have a CPU fan it's to noisy for me. Plus: i once killed
a harddisk by moving to fast with my laptop on my lap (ok, it might have
been coincidence but i shure felt guilty afterwards). And i seem to be a messy
eater and terminal keyboards are _much_ easier to clean ;-) ( ... just
hunting down that grain of salt that's blocking arbitrary keys on my laptop
the last two days).

  Ralf

> Sean
> --
>  Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life.

Love that, just what i need for today.