[lug] NVIDIA GeForce2 Go Driver & KRUD (Was Dell Utility Partition)

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Wed Jul 10 10:08:40 MDT 2002

I'm continuing to make progress setting up this laptop.  (Yeah, OK slow
progress since I don't get to work on it continuously.)  I finally decided
to nuke the Dell Utility partition and as expected there have been no ill
effects.

I'm still trying to tweak up the X-windows system though.  It always
amazes me how Red Hat/KRUD can do a nice pretty graphical install and then
not be able to start X?  Anyway, I'm getting a login screen full of
mottled pinkish vertical bars.  This system uses the NVIDIA GeForce2 Go
card and I'm wondering if the server for this is part of the KRUD
distribution or if I need to download it?

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)