[lug] Fetchmail, smtp, procmail, and port 110

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Wed Jul 10 23:24:11 MDT 2002

>>>>> "Wayde" == J Wayde Allen <wallen at lug.boulder.co.us> writes:

Wayde> - How does one configure the ppp dialup to coexist with the
Wayde> ethernet link?

Lately I've discovered a nice "Network Configuration" Gnome
application that lets you set this stuff up.  It was general enough
for my needs (like you: eth0 + ppp) and really easy to use.  On my Red
Hat Linux 7.3 system it is on the main Gnome menu -> Programs -> System.

I just set a static IP address for eth0, and ppp of course is dynamic.
Works like a charm.  No more editing config files for this :-)
I used to always do this stuff by hand, but these days I like to spend
as little time on configuration as possible.  Bring on the GUIs.

Tom