[lug] Removing source rpm's

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Jul 12 11:48:00 MDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 08:50:57AM -0600, Gary Hodges wrote:
>When "rpm --rebuild some.source.rpm" the /usr/src/redhat/BUILD directory
>gets files added to it.  I'm trying to free up some space and am

--rebuild should clean up after itself, particularly SOURCES entries.  I
consider things in the BUILD directory to be nukeable.  You can use "rpm
--rmsource package.spec" to delete the SOURCES entries for that package,
leavning only the .spec file and results (BUILD, RPMS, SRPMS) entries
behind.

They aren't really under the management of rpm though, so you don't do
something like "rpm -e" on them.

Sean
--
 Follow your dreams.  Unless it's the one where you're at work in your
 underwear during a fire drill.