[lug] KRUD installation hang-up

John Dollison johndollison at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 12 17:36:47 MDT 2002

My older computer is a dual-boot system that was running Win98 and eDesktop
2.4.  I decided to reformat the Linux partions and install KRUD.  I went
with mostly the default options, and everything seemed fine until near the
end, where it locked during the "post-installation configuration".  I had to
do a hard reset.  Any ideas as to what may have gone wrong, or how to
interactively troubleshoot it to see what setup step is causing it to hang?
I admit that I'm pretty much a newbie on Linux.

The hardware is as follows:
Intel SE440BX-2 motherboard with PIII-500
128 MB RAM
30GB Western Digital hard drive
Matrox Mystique 4MB video card (don't laugh, it works....)
SB Live sound card
Allied Telesyn AT-2500 NIC
Boca 33.6 modem
Sony 48x CR-ROM
Internal 6-port USB hub

Thanks,

John "GQ" Dollison
Boulder, CO

Your computer can help fight Cancer and Alzheimer's! Visit
www.intel.com/cure/

.