[lug] Debian LinuxPPC and XServer question

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Jul 13 14:28:48 MDT 2002

rm at fabula.de wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> i just installed Debian PPC on my G4 Mac,
> everything works fine so far but i couldn't figure
> out how to set up the XServer (XFree-4) -- is the
> framebuffer mode really the only choice i have? It's
> working nicely but kind of dissapointing after getting
> used to the MAC OSX Quarz engine :-/
> Anyone with more PPC experience here?
>
>   TIA Ralf Mattes

Ralf, when I was playing with my G3 iMac and Debian last year, I'm
pretty sure I was using a native driver for the video card in it... just
like on PC's, it really depends on what video chipset you have...

The debian-ppc mailing list was great help in setting things up on it.
Lots of smart folks in there... I'm just a linux PPC newbie (GRIN) who
hasn't done much with it.

Nate, nate at natetech.com