[lug] subnets

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Mon Jul 15 17:14:39 MDT 2002

network newbie question.

I am in a bit of situation.

We won the second phase of a contract and have the job of porting a
windows based system to an os independent system.  The company delivered
the machines but put them on the 192.190.1.x/24 subnet and told us that
changing the ip address of the two systems would be burdensome to do.
Their obligation is to deliver a system that works.  It seems to work
okay, but I don't know how to get the two systems to see the Internet at
large.

I have the two systems on an ipchains masqueraded network.

How do you normally put two distinct subnets on a network and get them
to go out to the right destination

Here's the setup

Internet--- external interface (ipchains box) 192.168.1.1----|

                                                     Internal Network

                                                      192.190.1.x/24

I know I haven't explained this very well so please help me clarify.

Hugh