[lug] cable modem network topology

Barney Treadway barney at treadways.org
Sat Jul 20 16:22:53 MDT 2002

FWIW...

Our office runs on a single cable connect coming in through a RCA cable
modem that drops into a cheapie Lynksys router (<$100). Macs, Linux, M$ all
live happily behind it. The little config tool for the Linksys is very easy,
open ports where you want em, set up the dhcp etc however you want. Can even
get the wireless + 4 port for about $130 or so.

With the "always on" we never lose our IP, except when they lose it for us.