[lug] cable modem network topology

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Jul 21 00:42:22 MDT 2002

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 09:01:31AM -0600, Mr Viggy wrote:
>Nope.  My boss is familiar with dial-up, and that's the first question I
>asked him.  He said it's not a dialup connection.  Also, if it were
>PPPoE, the cable modem itself would establish the connection, not each

I haven't seen a "modem" that does the PPPoE, it usually runs on something
behind it.  Hence the "rp-pppoe" software available for Linux.  Or my
RG-1000 Access Point which can also do the PPPoE.

Sean
--
 If you don't learn from a mistake you make, you've made two mistakes.
                 -- Sean Reifschneider, 2002