[lug] Quick question on vimrc's and zsh

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jul 22 17:34:41 MDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 02:30:00PM -0600, Egg wrote:
>I having difficulty getting zsh to load its functions when I invoke it
>from vim via '!'.

I'm not specifically familiar with zsh, however mosh shells have two
different initialization files.  For example, bash has the .bash_profile,
which should be run by any login shells (the first shell of a session), and
a .bashrc which gets run with every invocation of the shell, including
sub-shells.

Environment variables, terminal configuration, etc all persist across
applications.  However, things like functions and aliases do not.  So, you
put the functions and aliases in your .bashrc so that they get loaded when
a new sub-shell is started.

Sean
--
 Give me a Kaypro 64 and dial-tone and I can do *ANYTHING*!
                 -- Steven, _The_Score_