[lug] another new gcc/g++ ABI?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Jul 28 22:53:12 MDT 2002

I noticed (while looking for gcc 3.1 source rpm's) that gcc 3.2 is going
to change the ABI again (so it seems like they should call it 4.0
instead of 3.2, but heck, we can't count that fast can we?). I'm curious
what people think of this, in particular, it mentions complying with
"the V3 multi-vendor standard":
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.2/changes.html

More of a curiosity than anything, is anyone familiar with that
standard, and how it might actually benefit things in the future? Is
there some ABI standard that might improve compatibility across o/s's,
or in some other way, or is it just compliance to a standard in the
usual sense?

D. Stimits, stimits AT idcomm.com