[lug] Strange Red Hat experience

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 30 10:22:26 MDT 2002

Peter Hutnick wrote:

> Can anyone offer a rational explanation?

If I had to guess, I'd say that maybe a config file was unintentionally
created, which triggered the services.

Try:

chkconfig --list ipchains
chkconfig --list iptables

For them to start at boot, I believe these need to be "on" at your run
level, plus you'd need /etc/sysconfig/ipchains and /etc/sysconfig/iptables

If this doesn't explain it, maybe you can find it with:

grep ipchains /etc/rc.d/* /etc/rc.d/init.d/*

--

   - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
  |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |