[lug] FireWire

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Aug 2 07:27:13 MDT 2002

I bought a Firewire card from CompUSA for $30, and it's been working
fine in my Linux machine.  It was a CompUSA branded card.  It did come
with some Windows video editing software.  That got circular filed :-)

I have heard about Firewire <=> USB 2.0 gateways, but I wouldn't do
that.  If you need USB, just get a USB camera in the first place.