[lug] apm/UPS

Anders Knudsen anders at theknudsens.net
Fri Aug 2 12:15:56 MDT 2002

I just got some APC 700's here. They have a serial cable. A linux daemon
came with the UPS. It works well, as I tested it out. It installs a
binary and a startup script (/etc/init.d/upsd).
It puts entries in /var/log/messages by default. And, when the power
get's too low, it initiates a clean shudown (init 0) automatically.
Rather nice.

-anders.