[lug] Partitioning hd

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 4 18:26:24 MDT 2002

its my understanding that primary partions (ones not in a extended partion)
will run faster. and i think you can only have three partions be primary the
4th
is the extended and everything there after is in the extended partion...kind
of
a virtual partion i guess.

jd
http://www.taproot.bz

>From: Yuko Jonah <yuko_j at yahoo.com>
>To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
>Subject: [lug] Partitioning hd
>Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 14:43:51 -0700 (PDT)
>
>sorry folks, here is the actual naming scheme of my
>HD. The question is does it matter what order they are
>partition.
>/dev/hdb6 /ext3
>/dev/hdb8 /opt
>/dev/hdb7 /var
>/dev/hdb3 /usr
>/dev/hdb2 /tmp
>/dev/hdb9 /home
>/dev/hdb1 /boot
>/dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2
>/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
>/dev/hdb5 /swap
>thanks
>
>=====
>" Those who perpertrate evil on their fellow men shall
>   be visited by evil."
>       ---Kenule Saro-wiwa
>
>Yuko Jonah
>yuko_j at yahoo.com

>Join us on IRC: lug.boulder.co.us port=6667 channel=#colug

thanks,
jd

jd at taproot.bz
http://www.taproot.bz