[lug] Max ramdisk size?

Jonathan Briggs zlynx at acm.org
Tue Aug 6 18:38:39 MDT 2002

Wow, I learn something new every day!  I didn't know you could define
the size on the kernel boot line.

I really doubt that a single 15 GB ramdisk will work, because I just
looked into the 2.4.19 kernel code in drivers/block/rd.c, and it doesn't
look like the developers planned for anything but 32 bit offsets.

I could be wrong...

I think a better place to ask would be the linux-kernel mailing list.